I STAND FOR…
“Modernized, smart, and open government”
- We have modernized daily operations and kept county government affordable
- We rebuilt the 911 Emergency radio system and the Joint dispatch center, making it modern and efficient.
- We replaced and modernized the Health Dept building
“Holding the line on taxes”
- While continuing to deliver high quality services
- Keeping taxes low, while always looking forward, and answering to the taxpayers
- I oppose adding a County Sales Tax - I am not for taking $6 million more dollars from the hard working residents who earned it and are struggling to make ends meet
- I have stood up for hardworking taxpayers my entire career, amplifying their voice!
“Growing our Economy”
- Focus on the Future, embrace changing markets
- Businesses are seek out well-run local government that is efficient, effective, and not wasteful
- Major business investments in our County!
- Business Growth!
- Business Expansion, More Jobs!
- Employees want to work in communities that are recreational, safe, and embrace modernization
- We renovated the UW center, providing our young talent with affordable, high quality college educational options
- County unemployment lowered to just 2.9 % !!!
“Customer Service & Responsiveness”
- I am responsive. Call me or write me, anytime - Whether we agree or disagree on an issue, I will always respond to you promptly
- My management style prioritizes accountability, respect, and customer service
- I’m a small businessman by training with 30 years of experience
- Led the successful agreement between Meijer and the County to locate here, increase our tax base, and create up to 300 new jobs
- We moved the ADRC and the Veterans service operations to the Heritage center for system modernization, and increased efficiency and customer service
“Keeping debt low”
- We have kept Manitowoc County’s debt very low and the county also has a robust capital improvement plan and facility maintenance program
- Despite $27 Million of modernization, technology and necessary building improvements, our Debt is only 4% of our budget!!!